More children, more problems.
More responsibilities, more problems.
And if you believe the wise words of the Notorious B.I.G. - Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems.
But when it comes to the act of sexual intercourse… well… more sex, LESS problems!
Sex is called making love for a reason. It physically, mentally and chemically increases the bond between two people, as well as overall improving their quality of life. It is an important function of the human body for reasons ranging from decreasing stress to improving brain function.
Need some motivation? Here are some of the standout reasons to have MORE sex!
- Sex is a natural pain reliever - Sex floods the body with endorphins (just like exercise does), which interacts with the opiate receptors in the brain to reduce our perception of pain and act similarly to drugs such as morphine and codeine.
- Intercourse enhances the bond of the participants - Sex also floods the body with oxytocin ‘the cuddle chemical’, which is released by the pituitary gland after orgasm in both sexes. An oxytocin hit leads to a feeling of trust, safety, and emotional openness. Interestingly though, people with higher testosterone levels — men in general, and some women — may not experience the oxytocin cuddles as intensely, because testosterone is antagonistic to oxytocin and might lessen its effects.
- Having regular sex helps prevent heart disease - Regular intercourse helps prevent a build-up of the chemical homocysteine, which is linked to the formulation of blood clots.
- Sex at night improves your quality of sleep - Studies have shown that sex with a partner that includes an orgasm (for both parties fellas … so get to work!) greatly increase the quality of your night’s sleep afterward!
- Sex also boosts your immune system - Scientists have found a significant increase in Immunoglobulin A, an antigen found in saliva, in people who have sex at least twice each week.
- Regular sex can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer - This one’s just for the fellas obviously, but regular sexual activity has shown to decrease the likelihood of prostate cancer by almost a third!!
- It can... or perhaps should… provide you with a full body workout - Yep, you’ve heard it before, but having sex is actually a pretty decent workout for the body, with most positions engaging a large number of muscles, and the process generally demanding your heart to pump blood into the right areas. Ideally though, for it to be a workout, it should last for half an hour, or even 45 minutes. Geez… guess we’ll stick to the gym for getting a decent workout then hey?
- Regular sex also helps with stress and hypertension - Studies have shown that people who have regular sex exhibit better capacity to deal with stressful situations, including lower increases in blood pressure.
So there you go - as if you needed any more reasons to try and have MORE sex.
But hey … at least now you have an article you could show your partner to try and convince them right?!
Written by a DadBod who is intent on having sex tonight.
P.S. Please be aware of the dangers associated with having unsafe sex. Don’t be a fool, wrap your tool.